Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nigeria is a Lie


From the thick foliage of my mind
Sprouts a tremulous song of a militant kind

Bombs detonate everyday on heaps of injured history
Kano blazes up in tongues of mutant misery

I squeeze orange juice on a blank page…
To bury metaphors and douse my rage

Every ping on my BB is a prick
On my conscience that makes me sick

The ears of my mind are forever wide open
To the dolorous sobs of the downtrodden

Its disquieting quiver nudges me to arms
To crush the bed bug called Boko Haram

Images of barbequed bodies on facebook
Make me retch in revulsion when I take a look

Nigeria is a lie and every day we cry
But redemption is far way no matter how we try

I can’t take it anymore I want to retaliate
But between my people and the Whiteman I wonder who to hate  

In my sleep all I see is the remains of murdered dreams
Dear mama, come and wake me when you hear my screams

I stifle my sneeze; wipe my tears every time I pray
Too many questions on my mind I wonder what to say

The story seems the same from Jos to Jesse
And still no one has an answer for James Eze

I’m meditating in my mind, God hear me please
This weight is crushing me when I try to sneeze

My country is a lie and every day we cry
And redemption is far away no matter how we try


No comments:

Post a Comment